- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Joan Rivers is to comedy what Margaret Thatcher was to politics. Yes, they may have been “pioneers” for women in their respective crafts, but when you take into account the countless people they threw under the bus and worse along the way, it’s impossible to respect them for it.
If you are a man who thinks it’s funny to make misogynist jokes purely to make your female friends uncomfortable/angry, then you are a misogynist. It is not “just a joke.” You literally are finding humor in the discomfort and dehumanization of women. You are not helping, you are not making satire. You are just being misogynist.
you ever notice how in women’s razor commercials the models’ legs are already completely hairless before they “shave” them
like we can’t even handle showing body hair in a commercial about how to get rid of body hair
capitalism: create an impoverished homeless class, then enact laws and physical barriers so you don’t have to see what you’ve created